Monday, March 21, 2016

Yippee -

The hardest part is over!  My surgery seems to have gone well.  Dr W told Dave he did quite a bit of work in there!  I got to the hospital at 6 AM and went back to the OR holding room about 7:30.  I was busy that whole time - they did a blood workup, an EKG, put in an IV, and various other things - time just flew by.  I'd taken my Kindle but I didn't even get to open it.  Once I got to the holding room, I could have read, but I didn't have my glasses so I couldn't.  I was only in there about 30 minutes, I suppose - no clock that I could see.  They added a nausea patch behind my ear and some relaxation drug to my IV.  By the time I got to the OR things went fast!  I was awake by 10:30 with NO NAUSEA - yay!!  We were home and up  at the clubhouse eating lunch at 1:15!  This knee hurts much more than the last time I had this done...and my throat really hurts.  I guess I had a breathing tube and it made my throat sore.   Don't remember any of that before.  I keep trying to move my leg, but it hurts a bunch especially on the outside incision.  That's it.  I'll try not to complain any more.  Sure hope I can get some sleep tonight.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...