Sunday, August 7, 2016

Sunday

It's been so long since I blogged, I'm not sure if I remember how!  We left for our little anniversary weekend away on Friday morning.  We went to a place called Harvest Farm Campground near the Minnesota-Iowa border.  It was a beautiful campground and had dozens of campers.  I'd say they were pretty full.  They even had probably 20 tents in another area.  HFC is a non-working dairy farm, although there were cows within 50' of us.  I woke up both Sat & Sun thinking there was a cow out and walking in between the campers!  This one cow was quite vocal!

On Saturday we went exploring into Minnesota.  We drove to Harmony, then  on to a scenic bluffs road along the Root River.  We ended up about 15 miles from the Mississippi River, but we turned around and headed back to Harmony to have dinner at a local restaurant that specialized in homemade pies.  We've been watching the 7 episodes of Star Wars when we're camping.  We're ready for the 6th one!  We're camping again next week at Adventureland.  Hopefully we'll get to watch the last two next week.  George Lucas is a very creative, strange man.  So fun!

It's good to be home!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...