Sunday, June 10, 2018

Camping at Clear Lake State Park

Bryan, Erin, Aidan and Dave and I went to Clear Lake State Park on Friday to camp for the weekend.  When we got there, we found out they'd had 7" of rain on Thursday and everything was pretty much saturated!  We couldn't build a campfire because all of the kindling was too wet or our fire pit was under water.  Friday night was a good night though.  We cooked burgers for supper and enjoyed being with Aidan.  Unfortunately because of the wet conditions, the flies were terrible so all of our meals were eaten inside.  Saturday we were determined to teach Aidan to fish.  When you don't catch anything, though, it's not very interesting for a 3 year old.  He had much more fun throwing rocks into puddles and picking up mud!  After fishing, I wanted to go to the Surf Ballroom (which wasn't open on a Saturday - grrrrr!)  But we did some sightseeing around the lake.  It started to look rainy so we went back to the camper for a brief nap while Bryan took Aidan to a playground.  I was just about asleep when Dave came in to tell me that there was a tornado warning for Clear Lake.  I got up, put on my shoes, and watched the radar on my computer.  Dave kept going out talking to the DNR ranger to see which way the tornado was heading.  Turns out we were okay, but we did get more heavy rain.  Bryan & Erin were in charge of dinner Saturday night, and since their fire pit was now a water pit, they elected to take us out!  We went to the Surf District Rock & Roll Grill.  Won't go there again.  They took way too much time for us (especially Aidan) and the food was mediocre to say the least.  Today we both tore down and came home.  It was a fun time, but I'm glad to be back home!!




More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...