Monday, September 9, 2019

Monday

I had a foot doctor appointment early this morning.  I figured I would get a cortisone shot in the joint of my left big toe.  I call it my "broken" toe because it feels like it is broken.  It is not; it has some pretty severe arthritis in it.  The doctor today, after looking at my xray, said I basically do not have any cartilage left in that joint.  His recommendation would be surgical replacement of the joint.  He said there's no hurry on it.  It's a matter of when I can't stand the pain any more.  I determined it's not bad enough for me to have surgery at this time...if ever.  I can walk without much problem.  The pain usually comes after my walks. 

Dave worked on replacing hinges on all of our doors.  They were brass and painted over numerous times.  Now we have brushed nickel hinges on all of our doors. 

I went out about 5:00 and took a short walk.  It was very muggy and I had on jeans - I'd been cold all day.  In fact when I went to the doctor's office, my temperature was only 95 degrees.  By the time I got back from my walk, I was hot. 

This evening we're having severe thunderstorms.  So far about 3 bands of storms have gone thru the area. 

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...