Thursday, January 22, 2009

53 Degrees!!



I just love this picture - again it's a picture of a Florida hibiscus. It was taken at night, however, so it has a definite "glow" about it. I like the effect!
Sometimes I feel like I'm doing a weather report on my blog, but in Iowa in the winter, the weather is the main topic of conversation! Today was supposed to be about 40 degrees, but it's 3:00 PM and it's 53!!! Wow - what a nice surprise!

I went to see my 102-year-old aunt today. This is the first time I've seen her since we moved her to the dementia unit last week. She seemed to be doing fine! She told me she really liked her new place. She even showed me her bed and where the bathroom is. She was lamenting the fact that she couldn't get around as well as she did before she moved there. She was a little confused, but nothing major today. It was a very good visit!

Tonight my DH has a meeting and won't be home until late and I have a wake to go to. Then I get to come home and vegetate! I had a massage this morning and after a massage, I like to just relax and I haven't gotten to do that today yet! Tomorrow morning I have card club where we'll be making valentine cards (I assume anyway). We were asked to bring red and white materials so that sounds like valentines to me! Hopefully I'll have something new to share tomorrow. Gotta run!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...