Monday, January 19, 2009

Pink Hibiscus



Here is another picture of my favorite flower, only this time, it's a pink hibiscus! This picture was taken at my in-laws park in Sarasota, FL. I just wish these flowers were all in my yard! I do have a couple of hardy hibiscus in my backyard; I have a red one and a white one with a red center. I plan to get a pink one this year. I'd like a yellow one, but I've never seen a yellow one that is hardy. Since we have had temperatures in the -20's this winter, they'd have to be very hardy in order to survive. I keep posting these pictures so that I can pretend that I'm in a warm climate where the sun shines most of the time! It's 72 in Ft Lauderdale where our daughter lives - it's 19 here! I think we're going to head down there around the 7th of February, so I don't have long until I'll be warm again! Our daughter has 3 little ones (our grand-children) that we adore and can hardly wait to see again.

1 comment:

  1. We want you to get down here to FL as soon as possible! We went to Flanagan's for dinner last evening and enjoyed it. Met a gal who works on Commercial. She gave us her card and told us to give her a call when we came down to try out the hot pastrami at Pomperdales. Said she would fill us in on some fun things to do and good place to eat in the area. Nice to meet a young local gal who is interested in having others enjoy themselves when they are visiting. Catch you later....Sudi

    ReplyDelete

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...