Sunday, January 18, 2009

Dear Deer!!


While we were opening packages on the Saturday after Christmas, someone in my family looked out the glass by the door and saw these dear deer! My brother, whose home we were in, said, "That figures; I just put new feed in the bird feeder and they're coming to eat it!" I guess this is a nightly ritual at his home. There were actually 6 deer, but DH took my camera and got this shot of 4 of them just making themselves at home. He would have been about 10 feet away from them taking the picture. The flash didn't even seem to scare them. We used to have anywhere from 10-15 every night just west of us in a vacant lot, but the city has been allowing people to cull them out with bow and arrow. Now when we see them, which is maybe once every 2-3 weeks, there are about 4 or 5 of them together. They love flowers, so in the other 3 seasons of the year, they have a smorgasbord of my perennials! Most people in our town just hate them because they eat all their plants and trees, but I don't mind seeing them - i just wish they'd develop a taste for crab grass or the weeds in my perennial gardens!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...