Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Great day today


This has just been an absolutely awesome day! I have been working in the office most of the day - putting away "stuff" that was moved in order for the room to be painted. I love the paint color - it's called Indian Paintbrush and I'd say it reminds me of an adobe brick - sort of orange, sort of red. It's so inviting! It seems so much more "homey" in here now. The new color, up against the white woodwork in this room, is very striking. I thought maybe I'd made a mistake in choosing this color when I saw just the first coat on the wall, but now that there are 2 coats up, I definitely made a good decision! DH loves it too.

This picture is of another valentine that I made for this year. It's much prettier in real life - it's a pale pink background with a die cut "label" cut out of black. I used a cuttlebug folder on the pink background and the label is cut from SU's sizzix die. The two hearts and strip of paper are just scraps of designer paper, the hearts cut with a die cut and given to me by a crafty friend. I like the effect of the pink, black, and red all together!

I'd better run - I've got a meeting tonight and I still have some things to prepare for the meeting. Until tomorrow....

1 comment:

  1. You're just a regular Chatty Cathy....just kidding. Been a long time since I've looked at your blog, you've really got it going on. Expecting a very cold front to hit this evening got to turn the furnace on. Sudi won't be able to wear shorts for a few days...Oh Well!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...