Sunday, February 1, 2009

Big Snow!


Here is a picture of the snow I was talking about yesterday! I'm 5'7" and this is way over my head! DH took this picture about 10 miles south of Waterloo, Iowa. Snow like this may not melt until May!
Today was my last opportunity to sing in the choir at church for a while. Since we're going to be in Florida for a couple of weeks, obviously I won't be singing. We sang the benediction, "Blessings of Aaron" which is a beautiful song with wonderful harmony. Prior to church, during practice, our choir director asked us if we'd ever practiced this piece without piano accompaniment. We told her we hadn't, so she said, "Let's try it!" After singing it through twice a capella, we knew we would be singing it without accompaniment. It was truly beautiful. While we are in Florida we attend the Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church - the church made famous by Dr. Kennedy. It is a spectacular church with 80-member choir and a 6600 pipe organ.
I'd better run - I've got to concentrate on the Super Bowl! I'm missing the plays AND the commercials!! More tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...