Thursday, February 5, 2009

Tomorrow we leave!

Today was an exciting day. Last night at the church dinner, I started seeing a bright light in my right eye. By the time I got home I wasn't noticing it quite as much, so I basically forgot about it and went to bed as usual. This morning when I awoke, I still had the bright light, so I told DH that I was going to call the eye doctor to see if I needed to come in. I actually got an appointment for 2:15 this afternoon - couldn't believe it! Since I had my appointment, I decided to call the Garmin help site to see if they could help me with my unrecoverable error from yesterday. I was on the phone for an hour and a half talking to a really nice guy who get me started again. Then while we were waiting for Vista to "approve" the maps (aargh!) he finally asked if I minded if he took over my computer on a remote assist. I told him to go for it! Somehow he was able to bypass Vista's scan and start extracting the files - yeah!! So then he was ready to hang up (after an hour and a half) and said, "Oh, by the way, this will take a while to download to your device." I asked how long and he said, "Probably another hour to an hour and a half!" So, by noon, I finally had the maps on our Garmin and ready to roll! Sure took a long time, but hopefully it will be worth it!

I'm not going to be making any cards while I'm gone, so I worked on straightening up my studio. It gets to be a mess when I'm working. I don't understand that either! When I was at work, sometimes my desk would get messy, but most of the time it was organized. Now that I'm playing, I can't keep my desk organized for anything! I end up with about a 6" square of workspace after I get everything out. Maybe you're supposed to make one card, put things away, make another card, put things away, etc. Somehow I just don't think that would be very efficient. Maybe I'll have an epiphany while I'm sitting on the beach having a margarita!

I'd better run - DH should be home soon and tonight we have to finish packing, get the house set up for my meeting tomorrow morning, do the laundry, water the plants, and get everything ready so we can take off as soon as my meeting is over about noon. I doubt if I'll get to write tomorrow, so stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...