Thursday, March 12, 2009



On the way down to Florida DH asked me if I wanted to stop at Graceland. Since we'd already been there, I said I'd like to stop at Tupelo and see Elvis' boyhood home instead. So we did. Here's the "shotgun" house that Elvis grew up in. It's only two rooms and around the house they have a sidewalk in the shape of a circle with important dates for the Presley family, like the date Elvis was born, when they moved to Memphis, etc. There's also a museum there and a chapel. Along with all of this is the actual church where Elvis started his singing. DH and I were the only ones there that morning...it's very interesting hearing about his early life. Here's a picture of us in the church.
To get us in the mood that day, we listened to XM radio - the Elvis Channel - all the way from north of Memphis to Tupelo. Pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...