Thursday, March 5, 2009

We're Back!

We're back from Florida and glad to be home! Today it is 75 degrees in Iowa - we set a new record high today and everyone in town is out enjoying the weather. I've seen lots of people out walking, jogging, riding bikes, or just outside hanging out - what a nice respite from winter! Too bad it won't last!! I went to see my 102-year-old aunt today. She looked so nice; she knew who I was right away and introduced me to the other ladies as her niece. I always ask her how old she is today and she told me she was 102. I was happy to see her so alert. Before I left, however, she was talking about her children (she didn't have any) and about her grandchildren. She is so much more animated now that she's in "The Gardens" area...I think it's because she actually has people she can visit with. They do a lot of group activities and she's not so isolated. It was a good visit.

I've got pictures to share, but I haven't had time yet to upload them from my camera. Hopefully I'll get time over the weekend. Tomorrow I'm being installed as the President of my P.E.O. Chapter and tomorrow night some friends and us are going out for dinner. Then Saturday I have card club and we are going to a Murder Mystery Dinner that evening. Sunday, of course, is church and getting ready for the week ahead! Wow, I'm tired just thinking about all of this!! More later....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...