Thursday, April 30, 2009

Shop Til You Drop - Take 2!

I never dreamed that we'd shop til I dropped again Wednesday, but that's what we did. Sudi had found a dress that we all thought was appropriate for her nephew's wedding in Las Vegas, but they didn't have the right size in Williamsburg. The Iowa City store had the correct size, so I said I'd go with her & Howard to pick up the dress. Well, after trying it, and about 10 other dresses on, that dress was eliminated in favor of two others! Not only that, I was able to find a little black dress that could be dressed up or down, depending on the accessories...and Sudi got one too! For the past several years I've been on the lookout for the perfect little black dress for me. Now I've finally found one! I bought a hot pink sweater trimmed in black to go with it, but I can wear it alone or with just a shirt, or even sequins if the occasion calls for sequins! What fun!

When we finished at Dress barn, we went to lunch, then to Barnes & Noble and then to Lowes! Another good shopping day. I didn't get home until after 6:00. Dave called and said to order pizza - we were able to get & eat our pizza before I had to be at choir practice at 7:30. Got home about 9:15 and crashed! So today I was looking forward to not doing anything...wrong again! Dave called me about 10:30 and said he was coming home to strip the rest of the wallpaper in our bedroom! So we tore down the bed and moved it and I scored the paper. He's upstairs removing the paper (he said it was a one-person job so I should go do something else) and Scott's coming to paint tomorrow! Whew - this retirement is hard on a person! It will be great getting it done, though. I also went out and bought the paint for the guest bath upstairs. When Scott gets another free day, he'll paint it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...