Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I Forgot!

I forgot to tell you the biggest news of the day yesterday! We have babies! The baby robins are here - exactly 12 days after all 4 eggs appeared. As of yesterday afternoon about 5:30 we only had 3 - the 4th egg hadn't hatched. I'm anxious to get a picture today to see if all 4 of them are hatched, or if she had one dud! Dave took this picture - he said he tapped on the nest so that one of them opened his/her mouth! Aren't they ugly!?! Dave is so funny! Poor mama and papa robin are in for a busy day today - I'm about ready to go out to mow, which means that they will fly off the nest everytime I bring the mower around to the front of the house. I just hope they don't peck me now that there are babies in the nest.

Tonight is my last Beta Sigma Phi meeting of the year. To celebrate, we're all going to Lake Rathbun to the new destination park for dinner. We're leaving at 4:30, so I'd better get a move on and get that lawn mowed. It takes me about an hour and a half! Actually, I'd better head to the pharmacy to get myself some more allergy pills, because I'm down to my last one and when I mow, I need them!

I finished a good book last night. Bryan and Deanna got me The Girls From Ames for Mother's Day. It's the story of 11 girls from Ames, Iowa, who have maintained a friendship for 40+ years. It was such a good read! It reminded me a lot of the group of 13 of us who have remained friends since junior high - that's a little more than 40 years! Too bad we didn't come up with the idea first. Our book could have been named The Gang of '66! Anyway, it's worth a read if you're a woman with women friends. I've got to get going, so more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...