Sunday, June 14, 2009

Happy Flag Day

I've always liked Flag Day - I think we should make a bigger deal about it! June the 14th is also Karl Nelson's birthday, and was my Uncle Bill's birthday too. Karl used to play football for Iowa State. After ISU he went to the NY Giants and played there for a number of years. He subsequently developed Hodgkin's Disease, which recurred again a couple of years later...but now he's been cancer free for a number of years. He's a great guy! My Uncle Bill was pretty special too - so my conclusion is that people born on Flag Day are special people!! How's that for logic?
Today was a beautiful day. After church we took 3 couples out for lunch after we'd driven them around the countryside in the classic cars. It was a gorgeous day for a cruise! They all seemed to enjoy themselves and we've taken care of a debt that was owed from two years ago...the cruise and lunch were what we offered for our Mission Auction item two years ago. I'm glad that debt is finally paid...just in time for this year's Mission Auction which will be on July 31st! I told Dave we're not offering services this year - only something tangible for the auction. That way we won't have a debt hanging over our heads!
After the cruise, I went to Juliene's for stamping club - we made some beautiful cards today! Lots of fun! Then I came home for about 30 minutes and then we left for the Vintage Cruisers car club meeting! I'm tired!!
I finally got around to having Dave take a picture of me in my new jacket. I think it's really pretty...I should have tucked in my shirt though. I didn't realize it was so much longer than the jacket!
More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...