Friday, June 26, 2009

Wildlife Day

Yesterday was a beautiful day here - and today seems to be just as beautiful. I was just sitting here wondering what I was going to write abut when I noticed a movement outside my west window...at first I thought it was a cat. It turned out to be a raccoon just strolling down our driveway! The garbage truck pulled up right then so he went scurrying across the street south of us. I'm glad he's gone - I was going to have to get out the BB gun and go hunting! Then just a little bit ago, I heard a tree frog that sounds like he's in this room with me - I know he's not - he's outside in the perennial garden which is right up by this corner of our house. I got up to go get a glass of ice water and decided to look out the back door to see what birds were feeding, and lo and behold, Mr. Squirrel was up there again! Dave thought he had him buffaloed - he raised the bird feeder about 4 feet higher....we thought he was jumping up on the water dish which was only about 3 feet off the ground. Well, now the water dish is about 9' off the ground and I'm pretty sure this squirrel is not Rocky, the flying squirrel! But anyway, he's figured out a way to get up there to eat those sunflower seeds! I called Dave to tell him about the squirrel, and I asked him what he was going to do now. Dave said, "Nothing....I think he just earned the right to eat sunflower seeds!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...