Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Another Wet Wednesday

Well, I've got quite a few things on my mind today, so I'd better get them down before I forget them. First of all, I want to comment about Coach Ed Thomas being murdered this morning. I am very sad to hear that someone could go into a workout area with 30 some witnesses and kill such a nice man. Everyone in the city of Parkersburg has my sympathy. He has done so much to get Parkersburg back up and running after the tornado last year...he will certainly be missed by many people besides his family. I know the football players past and present have lost a great mentor. These things just don't happen in rural Iowa.

Now closer to home, we've been having so much rain! I dumped .8 out of the gauge last night and another 1" this morning...and it's rained at least once since then. Right now, however, the sun is shining beautifully so the humidity is rising!! Which brings me to another topic - our air conditioner went out yesterday and is being replaced today. Thank goodness for Dale Person! His crew is here working and are hoping to have it all installed this afternoon. Yesterday morning when I came downstairs I thought it was kind of warm, but didn't think too much about it. About an hour later I came into the office to see where the thermostat was set...it was on 76 but the temperature in the office was reading 83. Again I didn't think too much about it because of the computers in here putting out heat, but decided to check the register to see if it was putting out cold air. It wasn't! I then called Hindman-Person and asked to be put on their list. Because it was 92 degrees outside I knew they would be busy...but it didn't take long and Mike was here replacing a fuse in our a/c unit. He hoped that would take care of it, because when he left cool air was coming out of the registers. Well, about an hour after he left I thought it sure hadn't cooled down much in here, so I again checked the thermometer and it said 84. I waited until it got to 85 in here to call them again. After tearing apart the outside a/c unit, he said this one wasn't worth fixing. So Dale told us he'd ordered an extra one that we could have and that they'd work on it tomorrow (which is now today). So after Dave got home from being out in the heat all day he had me call to get a room at the Days Inn where we knew the a/c was working! We stayed out there last night and this morning right after I got home, the Hindman-Person guys were here ready to put us in a new air conditioner! Sometimes it pays to have friends!! Dave left the motel before I did, so before I got here he had gone to the church to borrow a window a/c and had it installed in my office window so that I could stay cool while I was on the computer today!! He's such a nice man!! It got down to 70 in here and I had to turn it off because I was too cold! When I go outside the office though, I realize how fortunate we are to have them installing our new a/c today. It's starting to get hot and muggy outside - so far, however, it's still hotter in our house than it is outside!! I've got windows and doors open trying to cool it down! I hate to think what this is going to cost! Oh well...

I still don't have a date set for my surgery. I'm still waiting to hear from Dr. Steve. I just wanted to get it over with so I could start recuperating...but I guess I'm supposed to be patient. That's enough for today, more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...