Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Here Comes Ragbrai

Tonight is the eve of Ragbrai 2009 hitting Ottumwa and the town is abuzz! I went downtown for a massage today and I've never seen so much traffic in the O-town! People milling about on foot and in cars - just scurrying everywhere. Tomorrow will be an exciting day!

Last night we went to some friends' home for a potluck. It was a wonderful evening with great food and good friends. Their home is a beautiful brick home on several acres. They are both big game hunters (with bows only) and there are heads, pelts, and Indian stuff all over their home. I've never liked seeing animal heads on walls, but they are gorgeous in this home. They have many, many tales to tell and if you're a willing listener, you can hear about some wonderful adventures in their hunts! A good time was had by all.

I talked to my surgeon again today and I now know a little more than I did. He said he may go ahead and open up the shoulder because it seems the recovery is faster when it's done that way. I asked when I would get to come home - he said probably Wednesday, depending on how I get along. I will be staying in the hospital Monday night and then maybe Tuesday night also. Ok, now I'm getting nervous. I thought this was just going to be an outpatient procedure. I'm thinking maybe I should just live with the pain! As you can tell, I'm a wuss when it comes to hospitals! More later....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...