Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Catch-Up

We've been really busy since Friday. We have been at Jami's most of the time and just going home to sleep. Dave is fixing the roof of Jami & Tom's little storage shed. Saturday we just shopped for the options - tar paper, shingles, rubber backed shingles, tools to remove shingles, etc., etc. Then Sunday it rained most of the morning and into the afternoon. Yesterday he and Tom worked all day on removing shingles and replacing plywood and trim. Today, unfortunately Tom had to go back to work, so Dave has to rely on me or Jami to help him...and one of us needs to be available for the girls. In fact, Jami just left to take the girls rollerskating for a couple of hours, so I guess Dave will be blessed with my help only!! He's pretty sure this will take more than one more day to finish, so tomorrow it's just the two of us! We're thinking about asking Howard if he can come over just to pass things up to Dave. My arm has been hurting a lot since I've been down here, and he doesn't want me lifting a lot of weight with it! I think his concern may be a little late, as I've been lifting Danny a lot and he weighs more than my prescribed 3-5 pounds!!

Sunday we went to Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church to hear the "new" preacher, Tullian Tchividian(sp). I thought he delivered a wonderful sermon, but I thought he was one of those ministers who really likes to hear himself talk. He's very dramatic when he is giving his sermon - does a lot of hand gestures, etc. The choir was only about 28 strong, but good and the organist is a young man who seemed to be able to get that 6,600-pipe organ talking. There wasn't nearly as big a congregation as there was usually and the bulletin was full of pleas for volunteers in many different areas. Even the over-flow parking wasn't open and we got to park very near the door. That in itself was odd.

I think that will catch you up. Most of the reason I'm playing catch-up is because of the fact that Sea Gardens doesn't have wireless in their rooms. You can only get it outside and by the time we've gotten back to our condo, we're too tired to care. Oh, the condo we're in is not a very nice one this time...we're in the Cabanas which are surround the pool area. The bed is a queen-sized and soft; the couch is saggy and needs replaced; the kitchen is only a one-butt kitchen. But it could be worse...and the one we're in for the month of February (which has been described as adequate by my friend) probably will be worse! Dave has asked his dad and Roberta to come over on Sunday and stay for a couple of days just because we have no idea of how bad the condo at Bahia Mar will be! Oh well, it's just making us appreciate what we have even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...