Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thursday

We have all been waiting for Thursday to come because it was supposed to hit 70 today. So we woke up this morning to clouds and mist. It did eventually hit 70, but we were expecting sun along with the warmth. Maybe tomorrow will be sunny!

We didn't do much today. We went over to Jami's to see why her little shed was leaking. Dave thinks it's just because the roof is pretty much flat. I think he'll probably replace the shingles before we leave, but today he just didn't feel like doing it. So we came home, ate lunch here, read for a while, and then Dave took a nap. About 4:00 I decided I was going to try to nap, but I only slept for about 10 minutes. I'm reading a good book, True Compass, which is Ted Kennedy's memoir. I really enjoy it - I've always been intrigued by the Kennedys. So I read some more. They really had a lot of tragedy in their lives. Camelot wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

About 5:30 we went to Umberto's and ordered pizza and spaghetti for the family. After dinner we were finally able to give the kids their Christmas presents from Maury & Roberta, as well as from Bryan and Deanna. They really liked everything. We just got home and Dave is channel surfing. I'm going to watch Project Runway at 10:00 and then head for bed. No big plans for tomorrow either. Then Jami and the kids are off for 4 days so we'll be with them a lot!! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...