Saturday, March 13, 2010

Saturday Thoughts

I started this day off kind of bitchy - I'm sure glad that mood didn't last long. I had a little help with the bitchiness. I hadn't paid a credit card bill on time and their collection agency called me at 8:00 AM. Now today was a rainy morning and I was still in bed at 8:00 AM...so I didn't much appreciate her call. I was very nice to her, however, and told her I had mailed a check on Tuesday of this week AND that I'd send a check out in the mail today for the late charge. But, no, that wasn't good enough for her, and she started telling me what I should have done...I ended up hanging up on her and told her what she could do with her credit card! So, after breakfast, I called the collection agency back and talked to another one of their customer service people. She was just as bad. I told her I had the check for the balance of the card written and just needed a mailing address. She wanted to know why I didn't have the address when I'd already told her I'd mailed in my bill and check on Tuesday. She kept wanting me to pay the bill over the phone, which woould have cost me another $10 and I'd already paid a $50 late charge (stupid me!!). After I told her at least 3 times that I wasn't doing that, she finally gave me the address and then kept asking me to verify things like my phone number, which they obviously had or they couldn't have called me at 8:00 AM. I told her that if I could get off the phone, I might still be able to catch the mailman - but if she kept asking me questions, their money wouldn't be mailed until Monday! What a way to start a day!

This afternoon, I got to go to stamping at Juliene's house. We made some cool cards. That was really fun because I haven't stamped since December. Dave worked at Habitat today - mostly outside in the rain. Speaking of rain, I've never seen so much water standing in our yard. The ground is thoroughly saturated from all the snow melting and all the rain we've been having. I sure hope we see the sun soon!

Tomorrow is church, followed by lunch with Nan, followed by a Vintage Cruisers meeting, and we've got to deliver my Cadi to the body shop to get fixed! Plus it's the start of daylight savings time, which I absolutely hate! Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...