Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thursday

I had a very interesting experience this morning. I had a gentleman come from Midamerican Energy to do an energy audit for us. He was here about an hour and a half. He recommended several insulation jobs be done on our house, and told me about the rebates for each job. He also suggested other ways we could cut down on heat/cool loss from this big old house. He went up into the attic and even opened the crawl space. I thought he was done, but no! He put a blanket on our water heater and put foam tubing on some of the water pipes leading into the water heater. Then he replaced our shower nozzles and 4 sink aerators. He also replaced about 20 of our lights with energy efficient ones. And just when I thought he had to be done, he gave me a box of 2 caulk tubes, a caulk gun, some rope cault, some foam caulk, several foam pieces to put behind outlets, and a filter meter to tell when your furnace filter needs replaced. All of this was FREE!! Wow!

I didn't sleep very well last night, so tonight I'm really, really tired. Hope I have a better night! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...