Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Today was an absolutely gorgeous day here in SE Iowa. We had temps around 50 degrees and the sun even came out - imagine that!! I went out and walked around all my flower beds just to see if any of them were coming up...and some of them were! I think they were warm under all that snow. Our yard still has about 3 places of snow on it, but it's raining pretty hard right now, so hopefully by morning even that will be gone. Thank goodness. It's amazing how green the grass is already - again I think it liked the snow cover.

Today I didn't do too much - straightened up my craft room. I had bought a couple of new storage units in Florida, so I'm trying to get my table to where it's not chaotic when I work! I still don't know what to do with the scraps of paper that I accumulate. I've finally got a handle on most everything else. This afternoon, I made a meatloaf for tonight's church dinner. I don't usually use 2# of meat, so it didn't get done when I hoped it would be done. I was almost late for the dinner. It was sure good, though. I had several compliments on it. Then after dinner, several of us played dominoes while we waited for choir practice. That's always fun! I didn't do very well, but it was fun anyway. Some Wednesday, I'll teach them wild card. Then maybe Dave will stay and play too.

Tomorrow morning, we're having an energy audit to see how bad our house is. I'm sure it will be a revelation! If we're losing as much heat as we think we are through the attic, we're going to have the attic and basement sprayed with foam - it's not very pretty, but it will be very efficient in keeping in the heat...and there's a tax credit for doing it! So if we're going to winterproof this old house, this is the time to do it. Unfortunately, it comes on top of the expenses of the trip to Florida, property taxes, and car licenses! Oh well, it's only money. I'll let you know how it comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...