Saturday, May 22, 2010

Saturday the 22nd

Yesterday when we went to Des Moines, we had two little eggs in our robin's nest. Today when we got home, we had three!!! Do you think there'll be four tomorrow? I guess we'll know soon!!

We had a good time in Des Moines. It turned out that it was a celebratory trip - my hubby decided to retire from Golden Furrow...well, sort of! He's retired from full-time part-time and will just be working hourly now - when they need him, if he wants to work he will! He called me in the morning yesterday while I was working out to tell me he'd decided to retire completely. So I called him back to ask him when this was effective and he said today (Friday)! So After PEO we went to Des Moines, did our shopping, and stayed all night at the Embassy Suites. We went to dinner at Doozies and walked out and sat by the river, which by the way, smelled like a river! This morning we set an alarm for 6:30 (weird I know, after all it's Saturday!), went downstairs for breakfast and then hopped on the shuttle for the "famous" Des Moines farmers' market. It is very large! Lots of booths of produce today - beautiful asparagus, beautiful radishes, tomatoes, onions; lots of booths with plants - flowers, tomato bushes, herbs, hostas, etc.; lots of booths of fresh flowers and planters; lots of food booths - anything from Bosnian to Dutch letters from Pella!; art booths; musicians; and even mimes! It was quite an experience. We were there by 7:45 AM and it was BUSY! There were so many people it was hard to see some of the booths. There were also lots of dogs - every kind imaginable, from little bitty to huge!

After we got home, Dave went to work at the Habitat house and I took a short nap out on the sun porch. Then Dave mowed while I worked on the laundry and got supper. Tomorrow is worship in music Sunday at church so I'm really looking forward to that. After church I think I'll try to get my brother to go to the cemetery to see if Aunt Helen's grave needs more dirt and/or grass seed. I'm looking forward to Monday - I'm going with Bob to watch Allison play softball. She is 8 and pitched 2 innings last night in her game. In the second inning she threw out one batter and struck out the next two...and she even got a hit when she batted. This morning she was playing soccer! She's playing in a 10-year-old league...I asked Vicki why. Vicki said that she throws so hard she would hurt an 8-year-old catcher! Of course, her daddy is a world-class fast-pitch softball pitcher and her mommy (Vicki) was a pretty good pitcher when she was a kid too! I think she's going to be an athlete, what do you think??

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...