Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Empty Nest Syndrome!

Our babies have flown the nest!! This top one is of the "runt" of the three. She/he doesn't want to do anything yet and is not very happy about being out of the nest. She's been sitting here in the clematis since early this morning! Mama keeps coming up to her and feeding her. She's been trying to get her down, but other than pushing her off the clematis, I don't know how she'll do it!!
This is the biggest one of the bunch! He can even fly already. He took off right away this afternoon. He doesn't like the rain, though. He sat on this bench for well over 2 hours. Finally I saw him take off toward the vacant lot next to our house - with mama and papa right with him! He flew all the way. We won't see him much from now on.
This one is the "chicken" of the bunch. I was sitting at the table reading the paper about 11:15 this morning and heard what I thought was a drip somewhere. I went into the dining room, but the noise was farther away, so I came back to the kitchen and went over to the garage door. Sure enough it was coming from there. I figured the flat roof was leaking again, so I went out to the garage and checked out the ceiling...nothing there. Funny, I didn't hear the drip anymore either. So I came back in. Sure enough, after a few minutes I heard the "drip" again. So I went back out and looked around the floor for water...this little one is what I found! This baby wasn't happy about the rain, so came into the garage to dry out. Dave picked him up and put him back out in the rain as soon as he got home! Mean Dave!!

Anyway, we've sure had fun today watching the babies try out their wings and develop their personalities. Unfortunately, we also had 1.4 inches of rain again today so this wasn't exactly the best day to leave that cozy nest!!

I had a great day in spite of the rain! I went to workout at 10:00 where on Tuesdays they do what they call "Double Dip". It's a unique way of doing the circuit training. You move forward then backward then forward again. It was fun - every one of the stations was covered today...lots of us ladies! After class I decided to have my body analysis done for the month of June. The good news is I lost fat and gained muscle and I didn't GAIN any weight after eating a tenderloin and drinking a chocolate shake last night! The bad news is that I didn't lose any weight, but I'm firming up...I've lost a total of 10" since mid-April!

This afternoon, I had my monthly massage - boy, did that feel good. If I were rich beyond all reason, I would have a massage every day!! Tonight Dave's at a Session meeting at church. He worked at church this morning and then he helped Nan get ready for a garage sale this afternoon. She wanted his help moving things out of their utility shed. Tomorrow I've got a list of things I want to accomplish and then we'll be going to the Wayland area for Allison's ballgame tomorrow evening. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...