Saturday, July 24, 2010

Saturday the 24th of July

Today was a really boring day. We started the day out with rain - surprise, surprise!! We had 1.3 inches of rain here. Sue said they had 3 inches just south of Hedrick. Unfortunately, there's still rain in the forecast - 5 out of the next 7 days. Dave worked at Habitat for Humanity all day today. In fact, he didn't get home until about 4:30 this afternoon. He said they had good help today and while they had help, they worked hard! Next Saturday he won't be there, so he's going to beg at church for more help. With the kind of help they had today, they could probably get this house done before we leave this November.

Tonight we went out to the Club for dinner. The place was really hopping tonight and we were the oldest adults there! For some reason there's a plethora of young families who are joining the Club! That's wonderful...I asked Dave why these young families weren't in church too! When we were leaving to come home, I looked over the 18th green to Bob's house and he and Ann were out on the deck. I grabbed Dave's phone and called them - told him to wave at me!! He was cooking on the grill - said they were going to eat at home one night this week!

When we got home, we decided to watch a movie. We watched DaVinci Code. This is quite a movie. I'd love to hear what Pastor Sara thinks about this movie. It was very, very interesting and extremely riveting. We were engrossed in it completely. We've also got Angels and Demons which is supposed to be the next book by Dan Brown. I hope it's as good a movie as this one was.

Now I'm going to check on my Zoo animals and my Mafia and go to bed. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...