Saturday, July 3, 2010

Saturday the 3rd of July

We got home about 6:15 tonight after being at the Good Guys car show in Des Moines for two days. We always have a great time up there, but it is always hot and very tiring! Dave's knee hurts, my foot hurts, and we both got plenty of sun! Craig & Sue went too, so after Friday at the show, we went to our motel to check in. Since Craig found a $20 bill, he was supposed to buy a pitcher of margaritas at Okoboji Bar & Grill. After we checked in, we took of walking to OB&G. We had great parking places, so didn't want to move our cars! It's a good thing we were walking, because we ended up drinking 2 pitchers of margaritas - about 5 margaritas each!! We were all laughing at the "stupid" things we say after we'd had a couple of those wonderful drinks!! I got really tired and needless to say, I had a great night's sleep! Six o'clock came mighty early though!

I need to give you an update on Allison's run for the championship...her team won!! She pitched, but Vicki said she didn't do as well as she had the previous two nights. Her fingers were pretty sore - she had pretty much rubbed them raw. She got two great hits though, so that made her feel better. She's such a cool kid!!

Right now I'm watching the NASCAR race, but since it's only about 1/3 done, I don't think I'll make it to the end. I may just have to read the results on the NASCAR website! Tomorrow we go to church and then tomorrow evening we're going to Bob & Rita's down by Mt. Sterling....I've got to call Sudi to get directions to their place AND I've got to make my grape salad to take with us.

Happy Independence Day, America!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...