Sunday, December 12, 2010

Great Day

Today was another beautiful day in this beautiful place!! We went to church at Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church and it was a long, long sermon! There for a while Dave and I thought that Pastor Tullian had turned into Pastor Jongewaard! His sermon was based on 3 verses of Job 42, but he told us what it meant, then he told us again, and he told us again!! They also installed 13 deacons today, which took a while. I wanted to stand up and ask where the women were - in this division of the Presbyterian Church, women are not allowed to hold any offices...no women pastors, no women elders, no women deacons. Hard to believe in this day and age...hard to believe that women put up with this too! I hope you get a kick out of this, Pastor Sara!!

We had a great lunch outside in Bru's Room with Sudi and Howard. I think Howard and I would love to sit there all afternoon and watch all the football games at once! It's pretty cool to have all those tvs! After lunch we went over to Jami's. Tom had been vomiting all night, so we pretty much stayed outside all day. Dave and Jami washed our car and her car, while the kids entertained me. Tonight Danny let Jami cut his hair without a whimper...of course, she bribed him. She told him he could watch Harry Potter if he got his hair cut first. He said, okay and sat there like a big boy while she cut his hair. Tom had taken him to the barber shop to have his hair cut yesterday, but he started crying and screaming, so he brought him home. Today was a different day. We also celebrated Megan's birthday today - it's really tomorrow, but we may not go over there tomorrow.

I talked to my brother tonight. He said that we had 5.5" of snow and 50 mph winds yesterday and last night. He also said it was supposed to be -8 real temperature tonight. Yuck. Somebody asked Bob if he hated to leave Florida to come home and Bob told them, it's harder to stay home than it was to leave Florida! I know what he means...I'm not looking forward to being cold! Oh well...more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...