Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve 2010

Bryan got here late last night and since it was so late, we all just went to bed. This morning Dave and Bryan got up relatively early (compared to me!) and had breakfast ready when I came downstairs. The two of them took off for church to do some mudding in one of the rooms there. Then they came home and created chaos in our home! Actually, they were upstairs in the attic installing this foil heat barrier insulation. That sounds like a guy thing, doesn't it? That's what I thought and I couldn't see how that project would involve me!! Wrong again! After lunch, they called me up to the attic to make some decisions about some of the "stuff" up there! So now, instead of an attic full of "stuff", some of the "stuff" is now in the rose room awaiting my perusal! I have to go through those boxes that were brought down...I may see another garage sale in the near future! I guess if this "stuff" has been in the attic for more than a year, I really don't need it!! After moving some of the boxes downstairs, now the attic looks great! They were able to get all of the holiday decorations into one closet in the attic and they got the foil put down over most of the floor. Unfortunately, the attic was bigger than Dave anticipated, so 1,000 square feet of foil didn't cover the entire floor. Now he'll have to get another roll and do the rest of the job without Bryan! This foil is supposed to cut back on heat loss through the attic floor - I sure hope it does the job! We're one of the worst houses in our neighborhood as far as heat loss through the roof of our house is concerned.

Tonight Dave and I went to the club for dinner with Bob & Ann, Keith & Barb, Gary & Barb, Steve & Barb, and Steve & Marlene. We toasted the new year...not at midnight, at 7:30 instead! Bob and Ann are planning to get up at 4:00 AM to leave for Florida. I think the car is packed except for just a few last minute items! I hope they have a safe trip! I'm going to miss them!

Happy New Year you all. I hope that God blesses you and your loved ones in 2011 and beyond. More next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...