Monday, December 27, 2010

Eagles and Frost!!

This is the spectacular sight we woke up to this morning! The world was just beautiful! We had a hoary frost and every tree, every blade of grass, every fence and even every cobweb looked like this! It was beautiful. Since it was so beautiful, we decided to go down by the river to see the eagles today. There were dozens of them and thousands of Canadian geese! We watched the eagles dive to the water and snare fish - it was a wonderful sight! We 4-wheeled it up this hill and then walked across river on the footbridge that was just finished last year. It was really cold, but everything was so pretty that you didn't notice. So, Dave decided he was going to get the truck and move it to the south side of the river while I stayed where I was to take pictures. Pretty soon, he came back - walking! He was stuck in a snowdrift with a 4-wheel drive pickup! (I'm sure this was because he knocked over the salt shaker and spilled salt this morning!!) So, I ended up walking back across the river again. Some friends of ours from church were also there watching the eagles, so they brought me home while Dave waited for Larry Cofer to come with a scoop shovel so he could dig himself out of the drift!! We're always having adventures!! Anyway, I got some wonderful pictures and some really good exercise! I needed it because tomorrow is our family Christmas and I know I'll eat too much!!

Enjoy! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...