Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fun Day

We had a fun day today and didn't really do anything much! We went down to the Pier on Commercial and spent about 1.5 hours out there taking pictures and watching people fish. We were even able to see stingrays down in the water under the pier. As fun things go, this one ranked pretty high with both of us. It was a beautiful day and we both took pictures while we were out there. It only cost us $2 in parking and $2 each to go out on the Pier, so it was really cheap by Ft Lauderdale standards!! I actually was disappointed when we had to leave - our parking meter had run out, and we didn't want to get a ticket!! I could have stayed out there for a couple more hours - it was just beautiful!

Here are two comparison pictures I wanted to share with you. This building is a long ways away from where we are staying, so both cameras are incredible to bring the windows so close! However, you can see the difference in 20x zoom and 35x zoom. Actually, the last picture is closer to 100x zoom because I was in the digital zoom area when I took the picture.

Unfortunately when you take a picture using digital zoom instead of optical zoom, you lose clarity and that's also obvious.

This afternoon we worked on our tans and read. Tonight Dave wanted popcorn and ice cream for supper so we went to Razzleberry's for our last visit until November, then came home and made popcorn...we ate our dessert first!! We're also working on what we're going to leave in Clearwater so we've got Iowa clothes and Florida clothes! Dave brought far more clothes with him than I did, so he'll be leaving more. I've only got about 6 pairs of shorts, so I'll probably leave a couple of them here and bring the rest home with me. We've still got 2 more days to decide!! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...