Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Feels Like...

State Fair weather outside...hot and muggy during the day and cool in the evenings. It's a sure sign that football is just around the corner! I didn't go out of the house today except to get something out of a PEO sister's car. Other than that, I stayed inside! Dave and I vacuumed the basement tonight and now I'm sneezing! The basement in our house is one of those rooms that gets ignored when it's cleaning time. So tonight, Dave moved things while I vacuumed. It went pretty fast with two of us working!

Back to the Alaska travelogue! After three days of sight-seeing in ports in Alaska, the next two days were scenic cruising days. Unfortunately the first of those two days, we had lots of fog! We could still see the glaciers in Glacier Bay, but it wasn't conducive for good pictures! Besides fog, it was rainy/misty/snowy/windy and downright cold! I even went down to the 6th deck and bought some gloves when my hands got cold!! Glacier Bay has some gorgeous sights! I've commented before about the quiet in Alaska, but in the fog everything is REALLY quiet! Our Captain did blow our fog horn lots during this time, though! There were little fishing boats all around us (anyway, they looked little beside us!) and the Captain was warning them that we were in the area I guess!

On Friday the 5th (our 21st anniversary) the fog started lifting and we had some beautiful views of glaciers and gorgeous mountainous terrain! This shows some of the silt in the glaciers and if you can see the top part of the picture, there are glaciers way up there too!This is some of the scenery and the beautiful colors we were greeted with later in the day on Friday. I just couldn't get enough of the aqua of the glacier waters against the greens and grays of the mountains.

Tomorrow I'll upload some spectacular glacier pictures from College Fjord. Unfortunately, our cruise was about to come to an end at this point. We still had 4 days in Anchorage, though, so we weren't ready to come home yet!!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...