Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thursday

The pictures today are from the end of our trip. This is our boat docking in Whittier, where we boarded a bus for Anchorage. It takes about an hour and 15 minutes on one of the most dangerous roads in N. America. I suppose it's because on one side of you is water (where you're watching for whales) with mountains in the distance and on the other side is sheer rock where mountain goats and Dall sheep live! People are probably so busy watching the scenery that they forget to watch the road!!
Whittier is a beautiful little town nestled into the bay and into the mountains. Right after boarding the bus, we had to wait about 25 minutes just to go through a 2.5 mile tunnel through the mountains! If it hadn't been for the tunnel, we'd still have to be on a boat to get closer to Anchorage.
Some of the gorgeous scenery on the way to Anchorage.
We did several things in Anchorage, so there'll still be some more travelogue in the days to come. But for now I'm tired of uploading pictures!!

Today was a day to try to get my desk cleaned off. My desk at work NEVER got this bad!! But, then, I wasn't on Facebook either!! I'm finally down to one manageable pile now! Most of it was from the HUGE pile of mail we had when we got back from Alaska!

I saw a hummingbird again today. It was either a female or a juvenile male...very little. It came up to get a drink, but didn't like what was there, so I brought it inside, cleaned it out, and put new nectar into the feeder. Now the little guy is very happy! He/She's been back at least twice drinking!! That was fun because I haven't seen a hummer for several days now! I haven't seen the bluebird, our wrens, or any robins either...do you suppose they've already left?

Tomorrow morning is PEO. We're initiating 3 new members tomorrow and I'm doing the President's job during the initiation. I'm a little nervous about it, but I'm sure it'll be fine once we get started. There aren't any hard words, at least!!

More later...


No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...