Thursday, August 11, 2011

First Day Home

I'm TIRED!!! I slept until 10:15 this morning and didn't want to get up then! Dave's been asleep in his chair for about an hour already this evening. Our vacation wore us out!!
I'm including some picture highlights of each day of the trip. We flew into Vancouver on July 28th and had the rest of that day as well as all day on the 29th to sight-see...then we boarded our ship on the 30th and set sail for Alaska! This is a picture of us, as well as Greg, Suzy, Pat & Milt (Dave's two sisters and their husbands). Steve and Mary didn't join us until on the ship. The night we arrived in Vancouver, we went out to dinner at the Fish House where they had wonderful food and wine! We drank enough wine and laughed until our jaws hurt. Then we gulped when we finally got the bill - this was NOT a cheap vacation! Then on Friday, we took the sky train (which is named inappropriately because most of it is in a tunnel under the city!) to Canada Place where we got on a trolley to see Stanley Park and the city of Vancouver. Stanley Park is wonderful. That is where these pictures were taken.
It was an absolutely gorgeous day - shorts were definitely appropriate! On the way home from the trolley/train ride - we had to walk about 10 blocks to get on the train - I stepped off a curb and sprained my knee (that's my only accident this trip!) and walking got increasingly more difficult during the trip. However, by morning most days, I was feeling better, so I got along fine - I just was a little slower than I wanted to be!!
This last picture is of the totem poles in Stanley Park. They were beautiful sculptures, but the ones in Ketchikan were even better!

Tomorrow I'll take you on a sea voyage to the land of the midnight sun! More later...


No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...