Friday, August 12, 2011

You've Got to Love Days Like Today


As far as I'm concerned, this was an almost perfect day! I had a Dr. C appointment today. He worked on both my knee and my back. Needless to say, I'm a little sore - but tomorrow should be much better!

Tonight I'm continuing with pictures from our Alaska trip. We sailed out of Vancouver at 4:30 PM PDT, which was 7:30 here. The weather was absolutely fantastic and the water was as smooth as glass. We sat outside as long as we could, soaking up the sun's rays and enjoying the views.In fact, we got a little hot outside so we actually were seeking shade when we first started out. When we left Vancouver, you could hardly tell we were moving - it was just so smooth. We only had one day when it wasn't smooth and that was because the wind was blowing so hard. The waves were still just 1.5-4' so the water wasn't even choppy - it was just the wind buffeting the ship around that made it hard to stand up!! That was our next to the last day on board - good thing it wasn't this first night!Every time we looked to the back of the ship, we saw another ship right behind us. It's kind of fun knowing that there's another ship nearby when you can't see any land anywhere!!
See what I mean about the calm waters. The next morning, which was Sunday, Dave and I got up and went to church. It seems, though, that the cruise personnel who was to lead the service forgot to show up...so "Larry" who was a passenger got up and talked about his God journey and another passenger got up and led us in a couple of songs, and another one led us in prayer. It was a good start to the day. We sailed all day on Sunday and on Monday morning, we arrived in Ketchikan at 5:30 AM. I got up at 4:30 and went out on the balcony just to watch...we were right up against the mountains and the quiet was simply amazing. This ship made no noise (except the fog horn) - you couldn't hear any engine/motor noises at all...and at 4:30 AM, there's not much moving anywhere! We docked at 5:30 and were able to go ashore at 6:00 or so. The shops all started opening just as soon as we docked! We were only in Ketchikan for 7.5 hours so everyone wanted to get a head start on purchasing their souvenirs!!

I loved Ketchikan and I'll tell you more about it tomorrow. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...