Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday, Monday

Gotta love Mondays!! I was really busy today. I had to take the '56 to the body shop. A chrome piece fell off and needed new clips put on. At least it didn't cost me anything this time! Then I had Bible study where we had 10 people today! Fun group - I've missed it! This evening I had an Evangelism meeting at church. We are planning an ice cream social and carnival for August 28th, so this was our wrap-up meeting before that event. I sure hope it's a success!

More Alaska pictures...We were in port at Juneau from 6:00 AM until 8:00 PM, so plenty of time for everyone to shop for goodies and to see all the sights. We did the two hour tour of Juneau, some shopping, and then went back to the ship for a late lunch. Tuesday night onboard we ate at the Bayou restaurant, where they had the best steak I may have ever had! It was a 10 ounce filet and it was fantastic! The food was great all of the time. Every morning for breakfast we had a buffet OR you could have eggs done the way you like them...so I had 2 eggs over easy most mornings. The bacon was greasy tasting, so I didn't eat any bacon all week after I'd tried it. Every thing else was wonderful, though!

When we arrived in Skagway this is what greeted us! Skagway only has about 800 people in it...and then add the 10,000 from the ships! Can you imagine! It's just a little bitty town nestled into some beautifully rugged mountains! For some reason a lot of the ships who have sailed to Skagway, put their logos and dates on the side of the mountain at the dock! It was a little strange to see "graffiti" in such a beautiful place. We all decided that we wanted to ride the White Pass train up into the mountains, so we had arranged for this in advance. Part of the Frushours were train employees, so this was fitting and proper for the next generation to do this!! Here is the train we rode at the bottom of this mountain. It was a beautiful trip - well worth the time! The train travels all the way to White Pass and into Canada. We weren't allowed to leave the train at any time, but it was wonderful to watch the engines switching and to see how we switched our seats so we didn't go down the mountain backwards!!

Lots of fun and absolutely fantastic scenery!I'll show you more pictures from Skagway tomorrow. It was a cute little town! More later...


No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...