Friday, September 23, 2011

Family Time

What a gorgeous day today was! It was Peg's family day...minus a couple of key players like my Dave, Vicki's Al, and Rhonda & her family. Bob, Ann and I went to Pella to watch Kaylee and the Waverly Knights women's soccer team play Central College. The #10 ranked Knights dominated the game and came out victorious 6-0. Here is Kaylee playing in the middle. I still haven't seen her score, but she played really well today anyway!

It was so beautiful sitting out in the sun! I had on shorts, a long sleeved shirt and a black sweatshirt and at one point I was cooking. However, shortly after taking off my sweatshirt, the sun went under a cloud and I had to put my sweatshirt back on! It was a really fun day! Even Kyle and Cassie got to come down to the game. As you can tell by the pictures it was really bright out. Everyone seems to be squinting!I love this picture of Linda and Vicki! They were kind of acting like sisters all day. Earlier they were shushing each other...Vicki was trying to urge Kaylee on and Linda told Vicki that she was right where she was supposed to be...I was glad I was sitting between them - ha!! Then this was taken after the game so all is forgiven!!
Here are Linda and Kaylee. I think Kaylee looks so much like Linda except she's definitely got Al's pale blue eyes!
This is a picture of two of my "greats"!! I should have gotten Kyle in the picture too! Allison has really grown this summer. She didn't feel very well today though - she had a bit of a sore throat. She wanted to cuddle with her Aunt Peg though, so I didn't mind!!Here's a proud Grandpa with two of his grand-daughters!
You can tell we had a good day from the pictures! Then after the game, Allison wanted some ice cream and I didn't hear a single one of us say no! Kaylee, however, had a sandwich instead of ice cream. She was hungry!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...