Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fun in the sun!

We had a wonderful day today.  I slept in...I didn't wake up until 9:00 AM!!  Dave got up about 2 hours before me and came out to the kitchen.  He started removing all the dishes from the cupboards and washed them all!  He was about 3/4 done by the time I got up!  After I showered and got ready for the day, I helped him.  Then we decided to let the dishes and cupboards air dry, so we took off for the grocery store.  On the way there, we decided to go to the water to eat lunch.  It would be a great start to our winter!  So, we went to Columbia Restaurant and had a 1905 salad...Dave also had a Cuban sandwich, but I just had the salad.  I love those salads and Greg (our waiter) made the best one we've ever had today!  The mix of oil, garlic, and Worchester sauce was perfect!!  WTG, Greg!  We were right on the water and it was 85 and sunny today.  Beautiful day for eating outside and watching God's beauty!

When we left Columbia, we stopped at Save A Lot to shop.  We'd never been in there, but we got lots of groceries for $54.00, including fresh fruit and vegetables!  We came home so I could put those groceries away while Dave went to Publix for what we couldn't get at SAL.  I also put away all the silverware, but had to wait for Dave to get home with the shelf liner before I could put dishes away.

By this evening, the kitchen looks wonderful...all that's left to do in there is wet mop the floor.  The bedroom and bathroom have been wet mopped.  I cleaned the bathroom, but still have to wash the shelves in the linen closet before we put the towels away.  Dave cleaned and mopped the lanai.  There's a lot to do when you open up a summer home!

Tonight we went for a bike ride and said hello to a lot of the neighbors.  We just had popcorn for supper and now we're pooped again.  Tomorrow's another busy day.  We have to go see a trailer at 11:00 and wet mop    
the kitchen and living room, finish the bathroom, check on Bob & Ann's trailer, and just enjoy the day!!  More later....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...