Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sunday

After church today (which took a looonnnngggg time to get done), we came home and changed clothes for our adventure.  Church was so long because we had a long sermon, lots of joys & concerns, plus communion!  I don't begrudge the time I spend in church, normally; however, today I wanted to get on the road.  We left The Ranch about 11:50 on our way to Tarpon Springs, the "Sponge Capital of the World".  I don't know what we have adventures on Sundays, because EVERYONE goes on adventures on Sundays and today was no exception.  The sponge docks were packed!

Besides Tarpon Springs, we went to Howard Park, which is a little island with a 1 mile "bridge" out to it.  It was beautiful out there.  I think, though, that all of the teenagers in the area were there today - lots of bikinis and six-packs!!



 This guy was diving for sponges - exhibition boat.
 Sponge docks with sponge boats.
 View at Howard Park.
 Howard Park beach.
Kids parked along the "bridge" and sunbathed on the concrete....hmmm?  Wouldn't the sand be more comfortable?

As adventures go, it was a little touristy, but nice anyway.  Lunch was wonderful.  We ate at Mama's - a Greek restaurant with homemade bread and Baklava!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...