Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

I had a wonderful Mother's Day!  Dave brought me breakfast in bed, along with a card that had coupons in it!  He got me up at 7:30 so he could get to church early to turn on the heat!  He turned it too warm, too, because many of us were sweating and one of my fellow altos felt really sick (hot and sweating) so she went home early.

After church we went to Second Street Cafe for lunch.  There was a huge crowd there, but we got a booth - the last available seats!  Then we came home and Dave took his nap before going outside to plant my flowers and tomatoes!  I tried to help him, but I was freezing so I came inside and would go outside for short intervals to make sure he was doing the planting correctly!  (ha)  In between going outside and coming back inside, I worked on my card projects for tomorrow night.  I think all I have to do is pack things up tomorrow.  I may have a few more things to cut, but it shouldn't take me long now!

I got to talk to both kids today.  Both of them called to wish me a Happy Mother's Day!  Jami and the kids (and maybe Tom) are coming to Iowa this summer!  We're excited.  They'll be here for a week in mid-August!  The  girls have wanted to come to Iowa for a couple of years now, so this should be fun!  We'll have to come up with things to do!!  I know that the State Fair is in the works, definitely!

As for Bryan, he was chosen by John Deere to Systems Engineer and Management training - a one-year course at MIT!  Now that's exciting!!  He'll do most of it in Waterloo with a couple of weeks on the Massachusetts campus!

You can see why I had a good Mother's Day!  Both kids had exciting news and Dave pampered me even more today than usual!  Now I'm going to bed to read!!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...