Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tuesday with the kids

This morning Dave had a Habitat meeting and Jami had a 2-hour conference call, so after breakfast the kids and I went outside.  We played bean bag toss, ladder golf, ran relay races in the big yard (them, not me) and did gymnastics (again them, not me!)  Just about 2 minutes before Jami's call was done, we came in to watch Polar Express.  They'd had enough outdoor fun!

It was truly a perfect day today.  Just the right temperature and no humidity!  Loved it.  Our breakfast this morning consisted of scrambled eggs (the ones they gathered yesterday), hash browns, and bacon.  The only excitement was when Danny spilled his orange juice on the table all over my daily meds!!  We got it all cleaned up and I took my meds, minus one that dissolved!!

After Jami finished her call and Dave arrived back home, we ate a small lunch and they all went fishing.  I opted to stay home and mow the yard - perfect day to be on the mower!!  Danny caught the most fish (bluegills) and Megan caught the biggest fish (bass).  A fun day was had by all!

For supper tonight we took in a Canteen and ice cream at Graham's!!  Yum, yum!  Everyone's snuggled in their beds now, resting up for another day of fishing tomorrow and the State Fair on Thursday!


More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...