Saturday, February 22, 2014

Soggy Saturday

I'm afraid there seems to be a pattern developing here...daily rain!  It was so humid last night that we turned on the A/C and it's still running.  It's not that it's so hot, it's just so darn humid.  We sat outside tonight with Bob, Ann, Heckarts, Sasseens, and Ann's brother & his wife.  I was just soaked when we got home because of the humidity!

We received bad news early this morning from home.  A friend from church, and a fellow Cyclone, Charlie Montgomery, fell, hit his head and died this morning.  He'd been battling a fever and perhaps a kidney infection, but no one know what made him fall.  He will definitely be missed!  RIP, Charlie!  Our Cyclones won tonight - I think they had an extra coach looking over them tonight!

This morning after I took my shower and got ready for the day, I made a peach cobbler dump cake for tonight.  It sure smelled good - I was hoping it tasted good...and it did!  The park had a pasta night this evening.  I think there were about 80 people in attendance.  It was really good...spaghetti and a tortiglioni-type pasta.  Then there was plain red meat sauce, a sausage sauce, and meatballs.  Of course, there was also bread and salad and MANY desserts!  There was wine, too...I forgot that.  Good job!

Tomorrow we have a Bocce ball tournament after church.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...