Saturday, April 19, 2014

Saturday

I left for Kalona bright and early this morning - Allison's first ballgame was at 8:00 AM there.  I left about 7:00, which wasn't quite early enough.  Of course, I didn't know that there was a bridge out on Dahlonega Road and I'd have to detour.  I still got there in time for all but the first inning.  We were ahead 9-3 and ended up tied in regulation.  Then we got beat in International Overtime - 11-10.  The second game wasn't until 3 hours and 15 minutes later, so we went to breakfast at the Kalona Family Restaurant.  In the second game of the day, we got clobbered by N Scott.  They are so much better than us!  The littlest girl on their team jacked one clear to the fence for a triple and of course, we're horrible at fielding.  Our first baseman couldn't catch a ball if her life depended on it.  She also can't hit the ball either.

I came home after the second game because they had to wait until 5:00 to play again.  I'd been there since 8:00 and had frozen thru the first game, cooked in the 2nd game.  I brought Ann home with me.  She was in a car wreck on Thursday so isn't feeling very well yet.  She's badly bruised and has a cracked rib but she sat thru the second game anyway.  They didn't even come until before that game.

Tomorrow is Easter Sunday and it's a busy one.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...