Friday, July 25, 2014

Router

The technician from Mediacom came last night and his recommendation was to buy a new wireless router.  Ever since that recommendation, everything has worked well until tonight and our connection keeps going off.  So I think we'd better get a new router, because I'm ready to throw the old one out the window or into the trash or something!  It's very frustrating.  I'm just hoping I can get this to post, because the connection is off more than it is on!

My cleaning lady came this morning amid our wonderful rains.  We ended up getting about 1.6".  I know the farmers are happy because they were starting to get dry.  Dave wants to mow tomorrow, but may not get to because right now we've still got puddles in the yard!

Supper tonight was much better than last night - ha!  Dave cooked himself a steak and me a chicken griller - yum.  He didn't burn either one of them.  Then we had an ear of sweet corn that we'd gotten at the Dutchman's Store (it was perfect) and some pickled beets (also from the Dutchman's).  Wonderful supper!!

More later...

2 comments:

  1. I mentioned your problem to Howard and he asked how old is your router?. He know a bit about resetting, etc. the router. You might want to give him a call.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had our router about 4-5 years, maybe longer. The tech said it's like a lightbulb - it will get weak and not work right. Since he said that we've been watching and when the internet seems to go off, the router has an orange light on it instead of all green ones...even briefly.

      Delete

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...