Thursday, July 24, 2014

Where there's smoke...

There are burned to a crisp brats and a house that needs LOTS of fans to get the smoke out!  Most of our day was pretty uneventful, but this evening's supper was almost a huge disaster.  Dave said he'd watch the brats that he put on the stove boiling in beer.  Then he was going to take them out and put them on the grill.  I also put sweet corn on to cook and told him that I was leaving it all in his hands.  Whoops - big mistake!  He decided to call his brother.  When he does that he goes outside and this evening was no exception.  When I smelled smoke, I took off running for the kitchen.  I grabbed the brats pan and yelled at him to come in and help.  The smoke was so thick in the kitchen that I could barely breathe.  I turned on the fan above the stove and opened doors.  I finally asked him to go upstairs, open the attic, and turn on the attic fan.  That cleared it out pretty well.  He cut off the burned part of the brat, but they'd cooked so long that they tasted a little like jerky - pretty rubbery, with a definite smoky taste!!  The corn was good, though!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...