Sunday, July 26, 2015

Back home!

We made it to Ottumwa and back this weekend.  It was a fun time, but it'll be nice to sleep in our own bed tonight.  We got to spend some time with Craig & Sue and even my brother.  Ann was at church, so we didn't get to see her.  Then we even spent some time with some of our church friends.  Today, of course, was church at FPC in O-town.  It was great being back.  David's sermon was about Nehemiah and as usual, it was wonderful and thought provoking.  Then it's always great getting all of the hugs from our church family, most of whom didn't know that we were coming down.

I wish I hadn't been driving today.  Had I been in the passenger seat, I would have been taking pictures of the countryside!  I believe that the crops and the world is as beautiful as it can possibly be today!  The corn fields are so tall and fully tasseled and uniform all the way through most of the fields.  The bean fields are a deep, deep green and the majority of them are weedless.  The farmers had mowed their waterways so that the contrast of all of the greens was spectacular and easy to see.  Plus, the fields on the way up here are so hilly that the terraced crops are spectacular to see!  I guess you can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl!

I wanted to show you the new paint in the master bathroom...and the last of the yellow walls.  I have to get a picture now of the finished product, but I haven't done that yet!


 I just love it!

More later...


No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...