Monday, August 7, 2017

Monday

We made it to Indiana and back safely...thank you, Lord.  Friday night we went to see Don since he'd just gotten out of the hospital that afternoon.  He was glad to see us, but you could tell he was in pain.  We saw him several more times over the weekend, and he said he's feeling better each day.  After we saw him for a short visit on Friday night, Suzy, Greg, Roberta, Dave and I went to a late dinner at Old Style.  Then back to Roberta's for strawberry shortcake.  I'm still stuffed!

Roberta's bed doesn't like me, so I had a really hard time sleeping both Fri & Sat nights.  Saturday, we met a couple of ladies that Dave had gone to school with for lunch.  Then we all took naps in the afternoon - after visiting with Don.

Sunday we went to church with Bev, then went to Dave's reunion of students who had gone to Deacon elementary together.  There were 18 out of 27 students in attendance.  They had a lot of fun reminiscing and getting caught up on each other's lives.

We got up early this morning, so got to Waterloo by 3:00.  Stopped on the way home at Carlos O'Kelley's for Mexican food.  After unloading the car, Dave went to Bryan's and I took a nap until it was time for my massage.  That felt really good!  We're both really glad to be home!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...