Thursday, June 21, 2018

Another Gray Day

We've sure had a bunch of gray days here, which is a bit unusual for this time of year!  After all it's the first day of summer - we should be having sunshine.  We've had rain almost every day this last week - not buckets full, but still rain.  We're to have a nice weekend and then another 4-5 days with rain.  Several of the campgrounds around Iowa are closed due to high water.

I had a nice call today from my great-niece, Kaylee.  She never calls me, so I wondered if she had an announcement.  We talked for over 30 minutes, basically about our summers, etc.  Then she said something like, before we hang up, we have something  to tell you...the line went dead.  She called me back, but she wondered if I heard her.   I told her when the line went out.  She thought it was funny that I didn't react to her news...they are expecting!!!  I'm going to have another great-great in December, around Christmas.  They're figuring they'll have the baby somewhere in Western Europe...anyway that's where he want to play basketball next year.  That was exciting news!!  She also told me that Oaklyn will probably have her major surgery sometime in July.  She'll be around 6 months old and that's when they try to do these surgeries.  God bless her.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...