Friday, November 9, 2018

Feeling better

Yesterday was a really long  day!  I got to  the hospital at 8 AM.  By 10:15 or so I had been prepped for surgery...I had radioactive stuff put into my right breast and pictures taken and lymph node location marked.  Then I was taken to the Florida Breast Institute to have a wire inserted into my breast so the surgeon could follow it to the cancer.  Then I waited...and waited...and waited! Finally about 2:00 I went to the OR.  Surgery took an hour and then recovery for about 2 hours.  Then home about 7:00 PM.  I didn't need pain pills...2 tylenol did the trick.  I was even able to sleep in bed...just not on my side like I usually do. 

Today I've felt better.  After my shower, I even sat outside with Bob for a while today.  I took 2 more tylenol this morning and now I've taken 2.  The worst symptom I'm having is a sore throat from the breathing tube.  Both incisions are wicked looking and sore but not painful!  I've kept ice on them all day and I can do that as long as I want. 

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...