Thursday, December 6, 2018

Interesting Day

Dave worked on the lawn crew this morning - I just hung out!  After Dave got home, I told him I was smelling burning coffee, but the coffee pot was off and the pot was empty.  Oh well. Around 2:15, I decided to take a short nap.  I set my phone alarm for 3:30 because I had a 4:00 meeting.  About 3:35 Dave came rushing around the house saying he was smelling hot or burning wiring, but he couldn't find anything.  I went outside and the smell was really strong in the lanai.  I didn't smell it in the house or outside.  I called 9-1-1 and got the fire truck here.  They found it right away.  It was the hot water heater.  It was a good thing we were here and smelled it - we could have been homeless tonight had we been gone!  Guess what's going on around here tomorrow?  We'll be getting a new water heater and the guys are going to install it.  I think I'll go shopping or something!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...